The Sydney alumni networking group allows you and other members of QUT alumni, within the CBD and inner and
outer suburbs of Sydney, to network with one another as well as plan and attend
events that are appropriate for Sydney alumni. These might include professional
development opportunities, special talks, dinners, or purely social occasions
where alumni would be able to network.
The Sydney Alumni Group has recently formed a new committee.
The QUT Sydney Alumni Group invites you to an information and networking evening
How can you be financially savvy in the current financial climate?
Don't miss this opportunity to gain personal knowledge on 'How to be financially savvy in the current financial climate' and network with fellow colleagues and friends in NSW as well as QUT Vice Chancellor Professor Peter Coaldrake.You will have the opportunity to hear from industry experts:
The QUT Sydney Alumni Group is pleased to announce Tracey Spicer, Newsreader, Journalist and Media Personality, as MC for this event, as well as the following industry experts as guest speakers:
- Stephen Bock, Director, Ray White Team Bock: Ray White Manly
- Tips on purchasing property in the current financial climate
- Mark Jennings, Senior Financial Consultant: Tynan Mackenzie
- Tips on securing your financial future given the current financial climate
- Peter Calov, Partner, Property and Infrastructure: Corrs Chambers Westgarth
- How to negotiate the most beneficial property contract for yourself
There will be an opportunity before and after the presentations to network with your fellow alumni, guest speakers and some QUT staff.
Tuesday, 5th February 2013
6.00 pm - 8.45 pm (canapes and drinks provided)
The Grace Hotel
77 York Street (Level 2, Kirralaa Room)
Now Free - RSVP essential for catering purposes
To QUT Alumni by Wednesday 30th January 2013
- Phone through your RSVP to 07 3138 2821
- Send the RSVP Form by mail to: QUT Alumni, GPO Box 2434, Brisbane QLD 4001 (for your security, please do not fax or email form)
For futher details email: email@example.com or call 07 3138 2821
If you know of any QUT Alumni who have not received this invitation, please pass the invitation on to them and ask them to update their details with QUT Alumni at http://www.alumni.qut.edu.au/keepintouch/update.jsp
*Cancellation Policy: The Alumni & Development Office regrets that it cannot issue refunds for any cancellations received after the close of business on Wednesday 30th January 2013.
Tracey Spicer – Newsreader, Journalist and Media Personality
Respected newsreader, journalist and mum Tracey Spicer is probably the most versatile media personality in the country.
The 43-year-old works as a 2ue broadcaster, News Ltd columnist, Sky News anchor, and travel writer for Holidays with Kids magazine.
She is also a highly sought-after keynote speaker, MC, and media trainer, running her successful company Spicer Communications.
||Stephen Bock - Ray White ManlyStephen has ranked as an International 'Elite Performer' for the Ray White Group for many years in succession - the top 5% of over 5000 Realtors.
As an avid investor, Stephen has bought and sold numerous investment properties, renovated and built new homes throughout his career.
In 2010, Stephen was fortunate to become the 61st Australian to summit Mount Everest and also competes at a National Level in Aerobatic competitions flying a Pitts Special.
Peter Calov – Partner, Property & Infrastructure: Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Peter has wide experience in all aspects of property investment, development and finance and represents Australia's major institutions and developers. Peter acts for some of Australia's leading property developers, including Mirvac, Stockland and Leighton Properties. He has specific expertise in residential real estate and development.
Mark Jennings – Senior Financial Consultant: Tynan Mackenzie
Mark Jennings is a Senior Financial Consultant at boutique financial planning firm Tynan Mackenzie. He is passionate about providing holistic financial advice in easy to understand language and helping his clients achieve their financial and lifestyle goals. Prior to joining the financial planning industry Mark worked as both a Chartered Accountant and Solicitor.
Join our linked in group: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/QUT-Alumni-Sydney-4574280/about
To ensure you are invited to upcoming events, update your details in Sydney.
Events held in 2012
Events held in 2010:
- The Leadership - Culture - Engagement Connection, Guest Speakers - Emma Marshall and Rod Anderson
- QUT Sydney Alumni Career Development Workshop
- Professor Peter Little, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Business hosted this event held at the Grace Hotel in Sydney's CBD. The workshop was lead by John Colbert, Director of Corporate Edge. John led an interactive and informative workshop and covered the following discussion points:
- Defining modern leadership and how it has changed organisations in the 21st Century
- The shift from “Command & Control” organisational culture of the 20th Century to High Performance Leadership
- Leadership vs management – key differences
- Retention and performance – studies and trends showing key drivers of employee engagement
- Changes in generations (Baby Boomers, Gen X and Gen Y) and how this has shaped the new role of leaders in modern organisations
- Discovering the 3 key areas of leadership performance
- State of Origin Game 1: Queensland Supporters Bay
Can you help us provide you with
a better service?
As a member of QUT's alumni
you are an important member of the University's community. The QUT Alumni
Program keeps alumni informed about alumni events and opportunities, University
activities and other alumni, through QUT Links, the graduate magazine, monthly
e-newsletters and the website. Alumni are also provided with opportunities to
attend social and professional or personal development events with other graduates
and QUT staff, or become involved with the University and its activities.
Thank you to everyone who has made suggestions for adding variety to the Sydney Alumni Chapter events. We have carefully considered your feedback and suggestions, and have developed an events program that is designed to add that extra sparkle to your networking activity.
Please continue to send your suggestions through, and we will aim to incorporate any new ideas. Ideas might include professional development opportunities, special talks, dinners, or purely social occasions where Alumni would be able to network.
Your input into the development
of the Sydney group and its activities is important and we would therefore be
pleased if you could take a couple of minutes to and email firstname.lastname@example.org with your suggestions.
Thank you for taking the
time to assist the development of the QUT Sydney alumni group.
Alumni Chapter Committee Contacts
Moving to Sydney?
for networking contacts in Sydney?
click on name to send email.
The Sydney Alumni Chapter is always looking for new committee members to join them in the planning of special events, professional development, dinners, or networking activities. If you live in the Sydney area and are interested in joining this vibrant group please contact email@example.com.