Welcome to the Hong Kong Alumni
QUT Alumni Hong Kong has achieved registration as a society with the Hong Kong Police.
Interested in hearing more about our plans for the chapter or want to be more involved? Send us an e-mail
QUT Hong Kong Alumni Social Media
Both the QUT Hong Kong Alumni Chapter and QUT Alumni are on Facebook and LinkedIn. Why not join us and keep up to date with activities in Hong Kong!
HONG KONG CHAPTER: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44834011356 and http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=4309378.
QUT ALUMNI: http://www.facebook.com/QUTAlumni and http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=79809
New Committee & President
The Hong Kong Alumni Chapter has recently formed a new committee. The committee aims to bring new and fresh events to the Hong Kong calendar in 2011.
- May - Networking Reception, Four Seasons Hotel
- June - Queensland Happy Hour
- September - QUT Hong Kong Alumni Get-Together
- QUT Alumni Reception - held 13th October at the Sheraton Hotel Hong Kong. This event was well attended and featured presentations by the Chancellor and Registrar of QUT. A special presentation was also made by alumnus Jason Li - Director of Development, South China from the Australia China Alumni Association.
- The Hong Kong Graduation was held 14th October also at the Sheraton Hotel
- February - Seminar
- May - Queensland University Happy Hour
- June - Queensland Happy Hour
- July - Queensland Happy Hour
- August - Queensland Happy Hour
- September - Queensland Happy Hour
- September - Hong Kong Graduation Ceremony
- September - Hong Kong Alumni Event hosted by QUT Registrar, Dr Carol Dickenson and with guest speaker QUT graduate Leon Ho. Leon completed his Bachelor of Information Technology majoring in Software Engineering and Data Communication in 2000. His first job was with Red Hat, a publicly traded company, where he was promoted to Team Leader in 2003 and Manager in 2005. He then founded his own company Stepcase, in Hong Kong.Leon has been interviewed over the last few years by Time Magazine, Wall Street
Journal, Business Week, The New York Times, Hong Kong Economic Times, Next
Magazine, iMoney, U Magazine and Commercial Daily.
- October - Mid Autumn Party (Photos from the MidAutumn Party can now be viewed online)
- December - Christmas Happy Hour Drinks
- June - Happy Hour
- July - Dance lesson
- October - Hong Kong Alumni Event. View photos of this event.
- October - Graduation ceremony
- UNSW Invitational Sports & Fun Day (March)
- Hong Kong Alumni Dinner - Renaissance Kowloon (May)
- FAAA Inter-Alumni Happy Hour (June)
- Sunday Light Fever (October)
- Sunday Light Fever (December)
- Hong Kong Alumni Chapter Dinner (November)
- Federation of Australian Alumni Associations Hong Kong (FAAA) Halloween Party (October)
- Karaoke Competition 2006 (September)
- Federation of Australian Alumni Associations Hong Kong (FAAA) - Inter-Alumni Happy Hour Drink Party (March)
- 5th UNSW Invitational Sports and Fun Day (January)
- Federation of Australian Alumni Associations Hong Kong (FAAA) Annual Ball (November)
- 4th UNSW Invitational Sports and Fun Day (January)
- Alumni Careers Seminar (March)
- Alumni Dinner (March)
- Hiking at Shing Mun Country Park and Photography competition & Social Dinner Night (April)
- Saturday Light Fever (June) - Where alumni learnt the Cha Cha, Salsa & Tango
- Joint Queensland University Happy Hour (August)
- Federation of Australian Alumni Associations Hong Kong (FAAA) - Inter-U Bowling Competition (September)
- Alumni Careers Session (March)
- Alumni Happy Hour (May)
- Day tour to Lamma Island, including
hiking, sight-seeing, souvenir shopping and a seafood dinner (May)
- BBQ & Cycling in
Tai Mei Tuk, Ting Kok (July)
- Snorkeling - Sai Kung Water World (August)
- Boat Cruise in the Summer Wave (September)
- PRC Tour - Shezhen Fairy Lake Botanical Garden (October)
- Boat Trip & Seafood Dinner - Lama Island (December)
- FAAA Annual Ball and the AUIAC Gala Dinner (December)
- Christmas BBQ (December)
I hope we can see you at future
So remained wired to our Hong Kong
Web Page and also remind your QUT friends to sign up with us now!
I look forward to all your supports
and to meet you at the forthcoming functions.
QUT Alumni Hong Kong Chapter
Hong Kong Alumni Chapter Committee Contacts
Moving to Hong Kong?
Looking for networking contacts in Hong Kong?
Double click on name to send email.
The Hong Kong Alumni Chapter is always looking for new committee members to join them in the planning of special events, professional development, dinners, or networking activities. If you live in Hong Kong and are interested in joining this vibrant group please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.